Friday 13 February 2015

Crispy Crunchy Chicken Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos

Crispy Crunchy Chicken Biography

source (google.com.pk)

I don't know what they put in their chicken but it's amazing, so tender and juicy. I just couldn't believe it. Chicago, the food mecca. Gas station chicken. It just works. They also have random food like gyros and hotdogs.

So whhhhy 4 stars for the best chicken? Their mashed potatoes were just awful and the gravy was worse. Don't order it, you're welcome. I'm pretty sure most of the "potatoes" consisted of that powdered crap and they use a flavorless turkey gravy. The jambalaya, red beans & rice along with the deep fried corn were really tasty. Deep fried corn is very county fair like and the biscuits are pretty small.

With regard to parking, I don't know why anyone would park two blocks away in front of the cemetery when you can literally pull to the front door. In any event, this place is hella cheap and you really should try it.

So, I woke up today thinking about Chicken..
And, not just any old chicken but the best fried Chicken I
have found yet, Krispy Krunchy Chicken!

So, I must admit that my new job has pretty much exhausted me and
I absolutely did not feel like traveling out in this heat today for this Chicken..
So, I checked into it and saw that I could order online and they even would
deliver to me, and boy, was I liking this!

I called the folks at Krispy Krunchy and found out that they deliver up
to a 3 mile radius and I was so happy cause I'm like 2 and a half miles away.
Now, my first experience at Krispy Krunchy was a great one, this chicken
was prepared perfectly, and it had been prepared right before my eyes so
I knew how fresh it would be.

Well, today my chicken and honey butter biscuits arrived at my door in
about 45 minutes and once again I was beyond impressed, my chicken was
fresh and juicy with just the perfect amount of spice/flavor..
And the biscuits.. My God, those things should be inducted into the Biscuit
Hall of Fame because they were tasting of honey and butter and were so light
and fluffy...

So, this will definitely be my go to place if I ever get a craving for fried chicken
again. because I love Krispy Krunchy Fried Chicken, I truly do!
And, I don't even care that they are attached to a Citgo Gas Station because
the people who make this chicken deserve the biggest of props..
And, they are getting them from me..
So, looks as though I'll be passing on Cheep Chicken Monday at work tomorrow
because when you've found the best no reason to look anywhere else...

Krispy Krunchy Chicken is inside of a Citgo Gas Station. It does not have parking unless you count the space along the fence leading up to their car wash. I found street parking two blocks away in the residential neighborhood surrounding it on three sides. The fourth side (and front of the gas station) faces a cemetery.

The interior of the Citgo is divided into two sections. Most of it is a typical gas station convenience store. The rest of it is Krispy Krunchy Chicken. The KKC part is decorated with loud wallpaper and a flat screen television, all blasting you with their own advertisements. There are two small tables each with a pair of chairs.

Although the counter is crowded with a warming display case with radiant fried foods, the cashier informed us that our orders would be made fresh and would take 20 minutes. I got the 8 piece chicken (dark), three biscuits, and two stuffed peppers (jalapeno poppers) for $10.77.

We stood outside for about half of our wait during which time I think the gas fumes got to me. I felt nauseous and nearly lost my appetite. Daniel C was much more acuminous and found a nearby park for us to sit and eat, free of gas station ambiance.

We both enjoyed our food. True to it's name, the chicken was crunchy! In fact, I think that everything we ordered was crunchy including (and most surprisingly) the biscuits. The biscuits were exceptional. The outside had a delicious crust and the inside was nice and soft and exploded with piquant honey butter. Besides that, the rest of the food was ordinary. The agreeable crispy texture aside, the remaining characteristics were comparable to any other fast food chicken place.

Yvonne B and I met up for dinner. For some reason I completely overlooked the fact that we would be dining at a gas station.

We each ordered at the counter and paid.
They do take credit cards.

I wanted to try a few of the sides but I ended up just getting fries and a  fried corn on the cob.
It should be said that it's a 3rd of a corn on the cob not the whole thing.
it was ok and Yvonne asked if i would get it again and I had to admit I probably would.

I got the 3 piece dark and 2 biscuits as well.
The chicken was amazing and the biscuits were definitely the best thing overall.

If I went again I would try the red beans and rice and get probably a total of 3 biscuits. They are small but delicious.

Another item of note is the atmosphere. It definitely leaves something to be desired for a dinner date so walk (or drive) a few blocks north and there's a park with tables perfect for enjoying your Krispy Krunchy chicken!

I drive past this place at least once a week and had been meaning to give it a shot, based on Yelp reviews and my general curiosity about a chicken place inside a gas station! I had chicken tenders, which were a bit dry and the coating was bland. I drowned them in honey mustard and suddenly they were a little better. If I was in a pinch for food and craving chicken, I would eat them again. I think they were better than KFC chicken tenders and definitely better than Popeyes chicken tenders.

I also tried:
*Mac n cheese -- YUCK! This is worse than the stuff from the blue box! Seriously. Don't order it.
*Fried corn on the cob -- how interesting! The batter had a bit of spice to it but it didn't do much for adding flavor to something as simple as corn on the cob. I'd skip this one next time, but it was worth trying to say I've had fried corn on the cob now!
*Corn dog - standard corn dog. Deep fried, golden goodness. These are hard to mess up and this one was pretty solid. It did take an extra 7 minutes to cook so I had to wait a bit for it. It was kind of worth it since I love corn dogs!
*Honey butter biscuits - hmmm...I'm going to say so-so on these. They weren't warm, which probably would've made a difference. Maybe a little extra butter to go with them would've helped? I'm not sure what was missing, but there just wasn't enough flavor for me. They weren't bad and I would probably have them again, since I'm a sucker for biscuits, but I would add some extra butter or even a drizzle of fresh honey to make them better.
I also topped off the air in my car tires here for .75 cents. You can't beat that while getting your lunch!

My son had been at me to check this place out thats on 79th and Damen, that has fried corn (am a corn fanatic ) and great chicken. since he knows I Think am a food critic and do a little catering on the side. It was difficult to find time to go since I live North and this place was on the Southside. So I finally had to go to a relative house. my son and I stopped by this place.
soooo its in a  gas station (already skeptical). We shared  a 2 pc combo meal, fried corn on cob, red beans and rice, lemonade.
OMG chicken hot and fresh, corn crispy and juicy, red beans and rice southern cooked, lemonade fresh squeezed. Who can ask for anything more on a early Sunday afternoon after church. Customer service excellent, and price inexpensive.
After eating I made up my mind to tell Yelpers about this place...to my surprise when i searched the name......... there's a Krispy Krunchy Chicken closer to me than the South-side..hope they have the fried corn and lemonade(although the lemonade came from them sharing space with Great Steak)
I told my son there way better than Harolds( never really been a Harolds Chicken fan)
and the biscuits are AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Crunchy Chicken
   Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment