Friday 13 February 2015

Crispy Orange Chicken Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos

Crispy Orange Chicken Biography

source (google.com.pk)

Growing up in a small agricultural community in Northern California, we had exactly 3 Chinese restaurants. Because my mom tended to cook almost every night, Chinese take-out was a rare treat that we all looked forward to.

My mom loved the “Mongolian” Beef, my step-dad the Sweet and Sour Pork, my sister was an Almond Chicken gal, and as for myself, I was a fan of the “Singapore” Noodles. After leaving home and making some “real” Chinese and Singaporean friends, I came to the the horrifying realization that the take-out I’d been eating out of those pagoda clad paper containers was not Chinese food at all.

To me, it was a disgraceful hack at an ancient cuisine and I grew to shun the “fake” Chinese restaurants littering America’s strip-malls. Instead, I’d take great pains to seek out authentic holes-in-wall where they speak no English and their idea of service is to toss you out if you take too long to eat.

Read more: http://norecipes.com/recipe/orange-chicken-recipe/#ixzz3Rdyz8Z93
All images and text on this website are protected by copyright. Please do not post or republish this recipe or images without permission. If you want want to share this recipe just share the link rather than the whole recipe.

They say you grow wiser with age, or maybe I just outgrew my food snobbery. Either way, I realized that just as a Shanghainese person might crave the Scallion Pancakes they ate from road-side vendors as a child, or a Singaporean might crave Chicken Rice from a Hawker Centre, I realized that I craved the sweet sticky flavors of the American Chinese kitchen.

But there’s a fine line between moist and greasy, sweet and cloying, and savory and artificial. It’s a line that most American Chinese restaurants cross, and so I’ve decided to come up with my own versions of all my childhood favorites. The great thing is that almost all American Chinese dishes are simple to make and the ingredients easy to find. How else would a chef keep up with the 20+ pages of menu options that show up in most Chinese menus?

So to start things off, here’s my version of Orange Chicken. First I infuse the meat with a soy sauce and ginger marinade, before coating it with potato starch and deep frying. To glaze the savory chicken, I thicken a mixture of marmalade and orange juice with just enough starch to give the chicken a glistening sheen of sweetness. In this case, the cheaper the marmalade you use, the better your orange chicken will turn out, so don’t bother spending a lot of money on a fancy orange preserve.

Read more: http://norecipes.com/recipe/orange-chicken-recipe/#ixzz3Rdz43YwH
All images and text on this website are protected by copyright. Please do not post or republish this recipe or images without permission. If you want want to share this recipe just share the link rather than the whole recipe.

I made this Orange Chicken on my Food Network show a few weeks ago, and I just realized yesterday that I’d never shared the recipe here on my totes cray recipe blog. So yesterday, as I whipped some up for lunch, I took photos and documented the step-by-step process. For I am a foodblogger. And that’s what foodbloggers do.

As I explained on the show, wherein I whipped up my girls’ and my favorite Chinese take-out dishes, every Friday when we go to Tulsa to our all-day homeschool co-op, one of the rewards the girls and I look forward to is a lunch from Panda Express. To three females who live on an isolated ranch, being less than 5 minutes away from drive-through Chinese food is enough to keep us going back to co-op week after week. My preferences can fluctuate wildly between things like Kung Pao Chicken and Beijing Beef—whatever I’m in the mood for—and Alex’s stay more in the Beef-and-Broccoli realm. But for Paige, it’s all Orange Chicken, all the time. She loves it and can’t get enough.

Here’s how to make Orange Chicken in the comfort of your own kitchen! It’s a very citrusy, very sweet chicken dish; Definitely worth trying if you’ve never had it before.

First get the chicken ready. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs, because I love their texture and flavor—particularly in Chinese dishes. But chicken breasts will work just fine, too; just be sure to cut whatever chicken you use into small, bite-sized pieces.

I actually like rice, but not with sauce on it.  It doesn’t really matter what kind of sauce that is, I still don’t care for it.  I do love Fried Rice & Ham and could eat that quite often.  Keep in mind, that my sweet husband is a Meat & potatoes kind of guy.  When I asked him to rate these recipes from a 1 to a 5, he gave each a 4 star rating.  I’m including two different recipes . . . each being as good as the other.

If I were to choose which one I prefer, it would have to be Recipe #2.  Why?  I like the sauce on that recipe a bit more, however . . . my husband likes the sauce on Recipe #1.  Go figure!  I prefer just to barely dip the Fried Chicken pieces in the sauce . . . and eliminate the rice completely! We also put this over Brown rice as well and then it’s a tad bit healthier for you.  I do realize that this fried dish . . . is not something you would eat every week.

This post is really only part of a Orange Chicken Tutorial . . . since I ran out of time.

 You see . . . sometimes my hubbie is home at Six O’clock.  Sometimes he is home at 7 – O’clock,  8 – O’clock, or 9 – O’clock or later.  Today, he came home at 4:30! He was hungry, and didn’t really care to wait for me to take splendid photos…hee hee.

 If you have additional questions before you make this, just leave me a comment and I will answer it as promptly as I can.

I chose Tao this year, for my 21st birthday dinner, and what a great choice it was! Last year I went to Sofritos, and boy was it a totally different experience... in a great way of course. I had reservations for 8:15 on a Monday night and, lucky me, there was traffic everywhere. I got pretty frantic in the taxi, LOL. I wanted to make my reservations! When my boyfriend and I got there, it must of been around 8:30 PM; when we walked in, we were greeted with smiles and told to wait in the lounge area until our table was ready.

LOL... A lot of people-watching goes on in there; I guess people are trying to see who's who. Girls looking at girls high heels, then, when you catch them starring, they give you this fake smile. It felt like high school all over again. Anyways, we were seated in the lounge area for about 15 minutes when my boyfriend decided to buy a bottle of Champagne. So we ordered it and my table buzzer went off... time to eat!

Once we were seated, they brought out the bottle in the bucket of ice, and always made sure my glass was full. The waiter, the hostesses, and those guys in tuxedos walking around with walkie talkies in there ears all were very polite and I felt like a princess :) I ordered the crispy orange chicken with jasmine rice and a couple cokes on the side, my boyfriend had the filet mignon pepper steak very well done please haha. The food was amazing... thinking about it now is making me want more, Great flavors! The chicken was delicious... so delicious that I was full and took the rest of my order home with me, and ate it the next day!

Happy birthday to meeee. I will definitely recommend this place to everyone!
LOVE IT!!!

I'd never been to Tao before, but as soon as I stepped inside, I wondered if I had been transported from the upper reaches of Midtown East to Meatpacking. It very much has that faux-'cool' vibe going on, and the space is huge - a big ground-floor dining area, as well as an upstairs that seats a good number of people as well. The ladies at the desk didn't explain the concept of the pager-like device you are given very well (it just lets you know when your table is ready), and the service was cursory at best (although, based on the tip, you wouldn't guess it - more on that later).

As for the food and drink - the drink selection is quite limited, with your typical 'imports' from Europe (e.g. Heineken, Stella) or some Asian beers being what you're limited to on the beer side. As for the food side, it's an assortment of pan-Asian options, from the Japanese (teriyaki-style meat dishes) to 'Chinese' (crispy orange chicken) and Thai. Perhaps the first thing that caught my eye was the fact that the prices are...a bit high, to say the least. There's no edamame in the world that is good enough (or would be served in a copious enough quantity) to be worth $10. While what was served was fine - it had a bit of salt sprinkled on it - by no means did it justify the price. Maybe because they serve it to you in a steamer typically used for dumplings, they think it's fancier? As for food, I went all-duck and went with duck fried rice and the duck spring rolls. The former was fine - the duck meat was pretty standard for Peking duck, and the fried rice was solid overall - kind of hard to screw that up unless you let it sit out for a long time after cooked. The spring rolls were markedly less impressive; even though spring rolls have less extraneous substance than, say, a regular Chinese-style duck roll would have, it was really difficult to taste the duck in it. While it comes split out into 6 smaller bites, I ate 4 and called it quits after that.

What really peeved me about Tao was that while we split the bill between both myself and my friend, they kept the suggested tip for the entire bill on both receipts for less. Given both of us had a few beers at this point, we simply tipped off of this - and as such, realized the next day we basically gave the waiter a 30%+ tip, even though he probably barely warranted 15% at best. That's extremely deceptive and not a good business practice at all. Aside from the food being overpriced, Americanized Asian at best, there's no way I'll come back here after that receipt debacle.

Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 

Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos 
Crispy Orange Chicken 
  Crispy Chicken Recipe Sandwich Wings Costoletta Salad Burger Chinese Crispers Chili's Strips Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment